With a few events around the corner, we wanted to get the update out early this week. As a reminder, this will be our last week before Spring Break and there is no afterschool on Friday, April 12th . We are hoping to see everyone at International Night this week (4/10) and our Auction soon after Spring Break (4/27). Please see further information below:
Assistant Principal Transition: We are excited to announce that with Assistant Principal Addison on maternity leave, Ms. Johnson will be taking on the responsibilities of a temporary assistant principal through early June. To ensure a smooth transition, Ms. Johnson will still remain the lead in her classroom during the core morning instructional block with Ms. Wright’s support. During this time, Ms. Johnson’s main areas of focus will be around school-wide events, early childhood instructional lead, paraprofessional support, school-wide coverage and schoolwide family support. We thank Ms. Johnson for taking on the additional responsibilities and appreciate her leadership!
Drop-Off/Parking – Thank you for your support in this always challenging DC parking matter!
- G Street Door Open from 8:05 – 8:50 – in hopes of reducing congestion on the 7th street entrance, we are going to try opening the door on G Street during morning arrival for the next two weeks of school.
- Parking – For morning drop-off, we ask that families park along G Street or Morris Street when possible, to eliminate some of the congestion in the front of school on 7th Street. As the spots directly in front are reserved for busses from 8:15 – 8:45, we have recently seen cars parked in the crosswalks and on the grass across from the front door creating safety concerns and an increase in parking tickets (which we have no control over).
- Dogs – If walking with a dog in the morning or afternoon and leaving it out front, please tie it up away from the front door of the school. We have had a few friendly animals scare some of our kiddos, so please tie it up across the street from the front door, or along the Morris Street fence.
Afterschool, Friday April 12th – There will not be afterschool this Friday, April 12th as we head to Spring Break, so all students will need to picked up from school by 3:30 p.m.
Student Cell Phones – We ask that students that are bringing cell phones to school, that they remain in backpacks (and off/airplane mode) unless there is an emergency. Student cell phones are only permitted during dismissal times 3:15 – 3:30 and 5:45 – 6:00 p.m.
- International Night - Save the date for our annual International Night on Wednesday, April 10th at 5:30pm as we celebrate the many cultures among the Ludlow-Taylor community. To volunteer, please go to ludlowtaylor.org/volunteer. To RSVP and/or support please go to https://goo.gl/yqLbYk.
- LT Taste for the Arts Auction – The auction is one of Ludlow Taylor’s primary methods of raising funds to support additional educational resources, including improved technology, field trips, more books for more classrooms, and many other materials and supplies that benefit all students. It is a wonderful event for families, teachers, staff, and community members to spend a fun night out in support of our school. This year’s event will take place on April 27th, 2019 from 7:00 to 10:00 pm at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on Capitol Hill. Tickets are available at https://www.biddingowl.com/Auction/tickets.cfm?auctionID=7499. We want to ensure our entire LTES community is represented at this event. Please encourage our teachers to join us in a fun evening by sponsoring their guest.
Upcoming Events: Visit https://www.ludlowtaylor.org/calendar.html to see all upcoming events.
- Wednesday, April 10th – International Night – please sign up here: https://goo.gl/yqLbYk.
- April 15th – 19th – Spring Break
- April 27th – Taste of the Arts Auction
Thank you all for your continued commitment to Ludlow-Taylor ES!