I hope everyone is doing well across the LTES community – please see our updates below!
Nametag Days (Thurs/Fri): As a school-wide initiative to promote kindness across our community, we are having two “nametag days” this Thursday and Friday. All staff and students will wear name tags throughout the two days to make sure we put more names and faces together, with everyone challenged to meet 3-5 new friends. For any parents in the building, extra nametags are available in the main office if you wish to join in!
LT Costume Parade: On Wednesday, October 31st beginning at 9:15 a.m., we will be hosting our annual LT Costume Parade for all students in grades PK3 - 5. Students are encouraged to wear creative/school-appropriate outfits (costume-based weapons and dangerous objects are not allowed). The festivities will support the Teal Pumpkin Project that makes the day a lot less scary for students with food allergies. We are asking LTES families to consider providing students with non-food items to share such as stickers, glow sticks, and other trinkets for our parade. Parents are encouraged to attend from 9:15 – 10:15 a.m. to celebrate the end of the first term with us!
Specials Calendar – We have now added the “letter day” to our school calendar online so that families can keep up with which classes students are attending on a specific day. Information is available at https://www.ludlowtaylor.org/calendar.html, and specials calendars are attached. To determine your student’s special on a specific day, follow the steps below:
- Check date with letter day on school website calendar:
- Example – “I can see September 27th is a d-day”
- Check letter day to corresponding homeroom teacher:
- Example – “My student is in Ms. Flood’s homeroom, and on d-days, Ms. Flood’s homeroom attends Spanish.”
- Prek3, Prek4 and Kindergarten - Tuesday, December 18 (LT Multipurpose Room, 6:05 – 7:00 p.m.)
- Grades 1-5 - Thursday, December 20th (Stuart Hobson Auditorium, 6:15 – 7:15 p.m.)
- Parents Night Out (Friday, October 19th) - Join us for a Parents Night Out at The Queen Vic (1206 H St NE, Washington, DC 20002). We will be congregating around 8 p.m. on the second floor. Come to spend time with old friends and meet new Ludlow families.
- Shirt Delivery (October 22nd - 24th) - We have placed our order for the new long sleeve school shirts and hoodies, as well as for additional short sleeve t-shirts. Pre-ordered items can be picked up in the front lobby during the mornings of October 22nd - October 24th. We will also be selling shirts those mornings for families who didn't pre-order. These sales will take the place of our monthly shirt sale on November 5th. For additional information, please contact Katie Bergeron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community of Giving Campaign - On October 29th, we launch this year's Community of Giving Campaign, which coupled with our Spring Auction, is the PTO's primary fundraising vehicle. We need your support to help us reach our goal for this year. Every donation matters in bridging the gap for the school's budget and is used to support all students equally among grades and classes. Keep your eyes out in the upcoming weeks for a flyer with more details on the campaign in students' backpacks. You can also read more about it at www.ludlowtaylor.org/donate.
- Get Involved on the Hill - The PTO is seeking someone willing to attend the monthly meetings of the Capitol Hill Public Schools' Parent Organization, CHPSPO. Their next meeting will occur at 6:30pm on Tuesday, October 16 at Seaton Elementary School (1503 10th St., NW). If you are interested in attending to represent Ludlow Taylor, please email@example.com.
- Calendar - It's come to our attention that some families are having trouble syncing the Ludlow calendar. If you have already subscribed to the calendar, please check that it is up to date (for reference, the most recent addition includes information about the Halloween parade on October 31). If your calendar is NOT syncing after already subscribing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the device and platform (iCal, Google, Outlook) you are using.
- Thank You to Our Volunteers - Our most recent events - Movie Night on September 28th and our Courtyard Cleanup on September 29th - were a great success. Thank you to all the Ludlow families that attended and the volunteers who helped ensure they both went off smoothly.
- Volunteer - The PTO is a success because of the commitment and generosity of our families. Sign up to volunteer for our committees or events anytime by filling out the PTO volunteer form on our website: ludlowtaylor.org/volunteer.
- Subscribe to News! - Stay up to date on Ludlow-Taylor events and news by signing up to receive an email notification as News stories are posted: ludlowtaylor.org/news.
- October 19th – Parents Night Out - The Queen Vic (1206 H St NE, Washington, DC 20002)
- October 25th – Professional Development Day – no school for students
- October 26th – Records Day – no school for students
- October 29th – Community of Giving Campaign Kick-off
- October 31st – LT Costume Parade
- November 6th – Election Day – no school for students/staff
- November 12th – Veterans Day – no school for students/staff
Thank you all for your continued commitment to Ludlow-Taylor ES!