We are moving along here as we move into the second half of the school year. As a reminder, Friday January 19th is a no school day for students as staff will be participating in a professional development day. Please see the updates below:
LSAT-Budget Community Forum: Thursday, January 25th at 5:15 p.m. (prior to the PTO meeting), we will be hosting a community forum for anyone that might be interested in providing feedback for next year school’s budget. This is community’s opportunity to make suggestions for school-based budget modifications as we head into next school year.
Teacher PD Day: While students are home this Friday our Ludlow-Taylor staff will be participating in a host of professional development activities at school including: school-wide staff meeting focused around the next steps in our Look for Good Project, Columbia University Writer’s Workshop training focused around student writing conferences, ECE workshop around station material updates, and more! As a family, I am sure that these days can be tough for childcare, but we do find them invaluable at school.
Inclement Weather – School Cancellations and Delays: Most immediate information regarding school cancellation or closings can be found at the DCPS twitter account (@dcpublicschools). Information will also be shared on the DCPS website (dcps.dc.gov), DCPS social media accounts, and local TV and radio stations. In the case of a delay, school doors will open at 10:15 a.m., with instruction beginning at 10:45 a.m. Further DCPS guidance can be found at https://dcps.dc.gov/page/inclement-weather-guidance.
Student Dismissal (For students not in after-school): Please have all students picked up between 3:10 – 3:25. As a reminder, students in PK3 – 2nd Grade are picked up from classrooms. For students in Grades 3-5, students will now be picked up in the art room – not the nook, starting Monday, January 8th. We do not always have the staff to cover students past 3:30, so please alert the office if a family member is ever arriving late.
Cold Weather Recess: As long as the temperature is above freezing, we plan to have students outside for recess, so please make sure students are sent to school with coats, hats and gloves, as needed. If any winter apparel is needed, we are happy to help - please let Ms. Frazier (Nicole.Frazier@dc.gov) or me (Andrew.Smith2@dc.gov) know.
Taste for the Arts Auction: The auction is a wonderful event for families, teachers, staff, and community members to spend a fun night out in support of our school (without students). This year’s event will take place on April 7th, 2018 at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on Capitol Hill. Mark your calendar now and stay tuned for updates as the event gets closer.
PTO Announcements and Further News/Event Information:
- Recent news page to see all the exciting updates on: writing, the new art installation, spirit week and more. (https://www.ludlowtaylor.org/news)
- Also, can you include information on signing up to get an email when new news stories are posted. Stay up to date on the latest News stories. Sign-up at the LT News page to receive an email as soon as new news stories are published.
Upcoming Events: Please visit, http://www.ludlowtaylor.org/calendar.html to learn more about upcoming events and how to sync to our master calendar.
- Friday, January 19th, End of Term – No School for Students
- Thursday, January 25th – 5:15 p.m. – School Budget Community Forum
- Thursday, January 25th – 6:00 p.m. Community PTO Meeting
- Monday, January 29th - Whole Foods Spirit Day - Stop by the H Street NE Whole Foods and 10% of all purchase sales will come back to LTES. Just give the cashier flyer we will be sending home.