As you saw on Twitter and BLOOMZ, we finally have word on the operating status for Monday, Feb.1st. We will be fully virtual for all students on Monday, Feb.1st. We will welcome our in-person learners back into the building on Tuesday, Feb 2nd.
Updates for Monday, Feb.1st:
- Most grade levels are beginning with their term 3 teacher tomorrow
- Canvas pages will be accessible to all students for virtual learning
- If you have any questions, please email Ms. Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates for the week:
Inclement Weather (Not applicable to Feb. 1st.)
DCPS post inclement weather updates to social media first. Check the dcps.dc.gov website and Twitter feed for updates. I will also post on BLOOMZ as soon as DCPS makes a decision each time.
- Moving forward, if school is canceled, all grade levels will be all virtual.
- If there is a two-hour delay, K to 5th grade classes will follow this arrival schedule:
Normal time Arrival Time - 8:15 am- 9:00 am
Two-hour delay Arrival Time - 10:15 am- 11:00 am
If DCPS does open Tuesday, Feb. 2nd for in-person learning and you are scheduled to come on Monday, please be sure to dress warmly and bring an umbrella if there is precipitation. We will have tents, but not enough for all families and there are many forms to submit before entry on the first day, which means you will be outside for a brief period as we receive them from you.
Term 3 re-opening updates:
- Your day of the week: You should have received your day of the week if your child's cohort is A or B- if not reach out to the classroom teacher or me.
- Arrival/Dismissal times: Pay close attention to which door you are to enter from. We will be very strict about the expectations for arrival and dismissal.
- Important forms: The following forms are needed for in-person learning. If you have a printer at home, please print and complete to make your entry much faster. If you can’t print at home, we’ll have copies to complete at arrival. Attached please find the following:
- Family Agreement form
- Symptomatic rapid COVID-19 test consent form
- Asymptomatic test (every 10 days) consent form
- Ask Ask Look form (bring every day, show to school staff)
- Class Openings:
o 1- Kindergarten class (10 of 10 seats filled)
o 1- First grade class (11 of 11 seats filled)
o 2- Second grade classes (17 of 22 seats filled)
o 3- Third grade classes (33 of 33 seats filled, 22 in-person at one time)
o 1- Fourth grade classes (11 of 11 seats filled)
o 1- Fifth grade classes (11 of 11 seats filled)
o 4 Creative Learning classes (15 seats filled)
Beginning Monday, Feb. 4th we have an additional 28 students starting
o 1- PreK3 class (8 of 8 seats filled)
o 4- PreK4 classes (31 of 40 seats filled, 20 in-person at one time)
All together we are welcoming147 students (33% of our current population) for IPL for term 3 (some on a rotating basis).
- Seat Acceptances: Seat offers are still out for grade 2. All Pre-K4 students have been offered.
- Uniforms: Students may wear a uniform shirt or any white, yellow or green polo shirt with khaki or green bottoms to school. If you don’t have a uniform or polo, don’t worry. During this time we are not strictly enforcing dress codes and are instead focusing on health and safety of students.
- Meals: Breakfast is free for all DCPS students. These will be delivered to PK classrooms; K-5th students will get ‘grab and go’ meals upon entry, after sanitizing hands, and bring their breakfast to the classroom. Lunch is provided for every student attending in person free of charge and each his individually wrapped. You may bring your own lunch if you prefer.
We are really excited to welcome back our students on Tuesday, Feb 2nd. Families will receive another update pertaining to reopening that includes visuals and content specific for in-person learning.