We somehow have only about four weeks of school left! Please see the updates below:
2018-2019 Re-Enrollment: Please stop by the main office to re-enroll as soon as possible for 2018-2019 – it is now open! We are currently about 70 students short of our enrollment target (422), that we hope hit by the end of May! As of now, after-school enrollment will tentatively open May 21st, and students need to be registered for school, in order to register for after-school.
Capital Pride Parade: We have registered for the Capital Pride Parade along with DCPS! Please join Mrs. Thomas and Principal Smith on Saturday June 9th at 4:30p.m. near the Dupont Metro Station to support the LGBTQ+ community. More details can be found at: https://www.capitalpride.org/events/parade-2018/
Ludlow-Taylor Health/PE Design: On Thursday May 24th, Principal Smith will be hosting an informational session regarding our school design for next year in Mr. JP’s room from 8:15 – 9:00 a.m. Please feel free to stop, grab a cup of coffee and hear about exciting developments, including exercise blocks for students, staff wellness model, updated cafeteria, improved physical education space and more! Also, please let Principal Smith know if anyone knows of any corporate sponsors that might be interested in partnering with us!
Updated School Policies:
- Front Door/ECE Sign-In: To eliminate confusion, prior to 8:55 a.m., parents with students in PK3 or PK4, will only sign in in the classroom. After 8:55 a.m., all parents must sign in first with the security desk before moving past. Over the next week we will also be adding visitor badges to anyone entering the building from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- School Drop-Off: Please ensure that students are not dropped off prior to 8:15 a.m. unless there is a previously planned meeting with a teacher.
- LTES Food Allery Policy:
- Classroom/Grade Level/School-Wide Activities: “Food related allergies, especially allergies related to nuts, can be life threatening for children with those allergies. As such, Ludlow-Taylor ES is a nut free school. Please do not send nuts, nut spreads, foods containing nuts to school with your child.“
- Individual Student Lunch Policy: “Students may bring in food of choice for school lunch, however, students with any nut-related food items will be required to sit at specified tables in the cafeteria, or PK3/PK4 classroom. Nut-related foods are not allowed in any common area including hallways, classrooms (outside of specified ECE tables), playground, etc.”
Upcoming Events: Please visit, http://www.ludlowtaylor.org/calendar.html to learn more about upcoming events and how to sync to our master calendar.
- May 24th – Parent Teacher Conference Day, no students for students
- May 25th – Professional Development Day, no school for students
- May 28th – Memorial Day – No School
- May 30th (Wednesday) – ECE/K Spring Concert, 5:45 – 7:15 p.m.
- May 31st (Thursday) – Grades 1-5 Spring Concert, 5:45 – 7:15 p.m.
- June 1st – Father’s Day Dance, 5:45 – 7:15 p.m.
- Field Day:
- Tuesday, June 5th – ECE/K
- Friday, June 8th – Grades 1-5
- End of Year Promotions:
- Thursday, June 7th – 5th Grade
- Friday, June 8th – Kindergarten
- June 15th – Last day of school