We just wanted to send out a few quick announcements for some upcoming events and extend a huge thank you to everyone that made our LT Taste for The Arts Auction such a success. It was great to see so many families out and we are thrilled with the opportunities that we will be able to further provide our students.
Spring Concerts: There was a conflict with our original date to use Stuart Hobson Middle School again, so the Spring Concert has been moved to Thursday, June 6th for one night (82% of respondents to our survey earlier in the year preferred one night instead of two, so we are going to give this a try)! The event will look as follows:
- 6:15 – 6:45 – PS-K will perform
- 6:45 – 6:55 – 10 minute intermission to allow for PS-K dismissal
- 6:55 – 7:40 – 1st-5th grades will perform
Afterschool Enrollment begins Wednesday May 1st at 9:00 a.m. Registration is only availabl online at https://dcps.dc.gov/node/1063782. As a reminder, students will need to be registered for the 19-20 schoolyear in order to register for afterschool (please call the main office if your student ID number is needed). We are encouraging all families to enroll for school and afterschool asap!
End of Year Graduations/Promotions: It is that time of year to start marking your calendars for end of year celebrations! Please check with teachers on individual times, as we have tried to spread out promotion dates across a few days to allow families with students in multiple grades to attend.
- June 4th – PreK 3
- June 5th – PreK 4
- June 6th – Kindergarten Promotion
- June 7th – 5th Grade Promotion
Bike to School Day: Please join us for Bike to School Day Wednesday, May 8th! Details below:
- When: Wednesday, May 8th 7:30-8:15am
- Where: Lincoln Park- near Emancipation Statue
- What: This is Capitol Hill’s local celebration, but also the national event for the National Center for Routes to School with activities, snacks, local and national speakers, local businesses and organizations, and of course all your neighborhood friends!
- Also: Our school team, led by Coach Smith and Principal Smith will leave the par around 8:15 to head to LTES.
Thanks for the continued support!