We are getting this update out early this week to prepare for Back to School Night on Wednesday. Following this update, we will begin rotating between classroom updates and school updates on a weekly basis, so everyone can expect an email from your child’s teacher or from the administration on Wednesday afternoons or Thursday mornings. Please see the updates and Back to School Night schedule below!
Back to School Night (Wednesday, September 12th) – Join teachers, staff and students for an official welcome to the 2018-2019 school year. Parents will have three rotations between classroom teachers, specials teachers, and administration from 6:00 p.m. – 7:10 p.m. For families that have students at more than one grade level, please skip the administration update and visit another classroom. Administration will be available for a final session from 7:10 – 7:25 for those that missed earlier. Schedules is available on the website and will be sent home in backpacks and via email.
School Feedback: As a school administration team, we are always looking to reflect and improve, so please take a few moments to complete a brief survey to help us in continuing to refine school operations at https://goo.gl/forms/fPlnkSkvDUOfRJDg2.
Meal Charges: For any direct questions related to payments and/or account difficulties with school lunches, please reach out to the DCPS point of contact, Nadine James, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (202) 299-2159.
- The PTO will have a table set up at Back to School Night where families can sign up to volunteer for a PTO Committee and school events. You can also sign up to volunteer anytime by filling out the PTO volunteer form on our website: ludlowtaylor.org/volunteer.
- Long-sleeve School Shirts and Sweatshirts - The PTO will be taking pre-orders for long-sleeve school shirts and sweatshirts with new designs. Pictures of the new shirts will be hanging in the front lobby. Order forms will be available at Back to School Night and in the front office. Both the pictures and the order forms will be posted to our website (ludlowtaylor.org/shop) later this week. We will also be sending order forms home in students' backpacks at the end of this week. Shirts can be paid for with cash or check. Pre-orders will be accepted until Movie Night on September 28th so that shirts can be delivered by early-to-mid October.
- First PTO Meeting (Friday, September 28th) - Please join us for the first PTO meeting of the year at 6:00 p.m. before Movie Night. We will be introducing you to this year's Executive Board Members and Committee Chairs, discuss upcoming PTO events and projects, and can answer any questions from the community. Childcare will be provided during the meeting. We hope to see everyone there.
- Movie Night (Friday, September 28th) – Join us for a movie party featuring ZOOTOPIA! Movie night will start as the sun sets around 7:00 p.m. Admission is free, but concessions will be available for sale. In order to get an estimate of how many pizzas, popcorn, and yummy treats we will need, please let us know if your family will be attending by clicking yes or no via the following link: ludlowtaylor.org/news. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Katie Clark at email@example.com.
- Outdoor Classroom & Courtyard Cleanup (Saturday, September 29th) – The PTO is excited to announce a new school project: creating an outdoor classroom in the courtyard. Details about this initiative will be discussed at our first PTO meeting and the project's kickoff will be a courtyard cleanup the following morning on September 29th. The specific time of the cleanup will be available on the school calendar by week's end. If you are interested in participating, please contact Melanie Knapp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscribe to News! - Stay up to date on Ludlow-Taylor events and news by signing up to receive an email notification as News stories are posted: ludlowtaylor.org/news.
Upcoming Events: Visit https://www.ludlowtaylor.org/calendar.html to see all upcoming events and learn how to sync your calendar with the school's master calendar.
- September 12th – Back to School Night
- September 28th – PTO Meeting and LT Movie Night
- September 29th – Outdoor Classroom/Courtyard Cleanup
- October 8th – Columbus Day, No School for Students
- October 10th – Walk to School Day
Thank you all for your continued commitment to Ludlow-Taylor ES!