Below are announcements pertaining to the start of the school-year (only a month away!), on Monday, August 26th, 2019 for students in K-5 and Thursday, August 29th for PS3 and PK4.
PTO Shirt Orders: Please see the attached t-shirt order form. Shirts can be paid for with cash or check made out to “Ludlow-Taylor PTO”. Completed forms with payment must be dropped off in the front office with Ms. Scholfield by Friday, August 2nd to have shirts ready for the start of the school year. Summer office hours are 8am-3pm. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your order. Copies are also available in the office. Please reach out to PTO President, Lauren McDermott with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class and Supply Lists: The link for classroom rosters, with a separate page for school supplies is:
Supplies are not needed immediately, so please take your time in bringing them to school by mid-September. As a reminder, when creating class rosters, we first consider a balance of gender, race and special education services, to have the highest level of diversity as possible that we know supports current and future student success, so teacher and/or student cohort requests are not accepted.
2019 – 2020 School Arrival/Morning Exercise/Breakfast in the Classroom: Next year, our doors will open at 8:05 a.m., with the morning looking slightly different for students to incorporate movement and moving breakfast to the classroom.
- 8:05 – 8:35 a.m. – outdoor playground time
*Students arriving 8:30 or later will report directly to classrooms*
- 8:35 – 8:55 a.m. – breakfast in the classroom
With this change, our hope is to have a more peaceful arrival and breakfast time, while also providing increased opportunities for face to face parent-teacher interactions. Further details to come!
2019-2020 Calendar of Events:
- Aug. 24th – Beautification Day, 18-19 School Kick-Off
- Sept 5th (ECE – 5) – Back to School Night
- September 27th –Movie on the Lawn
- October 3rd – 1st PTO Meeting
- October 31st – Halloween Parade
- November 21st – LT Thanksgiving
- December 12th – Winter Concerts ( morning, at school) 9:00 – 10:00, 10:00 – 11:15
- January 30th – International Night
- March 5th – Pancakes and Literacy
- April 4th – LT Taste of the Arts Auction
- May 1st – Spring Fling
- May 28th – Spring Concerts (evening at SH, tentative)
- June 9 – PK3 Promotion Day
- June 10 – PK4 Promotion day
- June 11 - Kindergarten Promotion
- June 12 – 5th Grade Promotion
- June 17 – Field Day
LTES Health and Wellness Design: At Ludlow-Taylor ES, we will continue prioritize our mission to maximize student outcomes academically, socially, and physically. To do so, we are refining a few components, while also adding in a few new ones. Families can expect to continue to see:
- Physical education 2x a week
- Morning movement block
- Classroom body breaks
- A beautiful new multipurpose room with a dedicated physical education space
- Multiple recess times (40 minutes divided into two blocks)
- Full-time, dedicated science teacher
- An introduction to a comprehensive social-emotional learning program through the Whole Child Collaborative
As a school-team, we are so looking forward to getting started again in August 2019!
AP Addison and Principal Smith