I hope you each are continuing to shine your light on one another as we navigate through these times. I am sending you so much love as you persevere and balance you and your families well being. I have been enjoying seeing your faces on the Love, Laughter, & Lemonade zoom calls. It has given me some good laughs and moments that are still with me now. I look forward to seeing 1st-5th grade families and students next week too. I know today may have been a roller coaster of emotions as we heard from our Mayor and Chancellor. I wanted to follow up that announcement and share as much as possible as we think deeper about the direction we are now going in. Over the next couple of weeks we will be working in overdrive. Leadership will combine forces with DCPS as we continue to gather more and more information (which is exactly what everyone needs right now). Teachers will be working REALLY close with me as we begin to draft schedules, norm on ideas, and prepare for a #StrongStart. With that being said, I want to clearly provide some additional information...
1. Rosters are being done now and we need a maximum of 2 weeks to finalize- we want to get them out sooner but our deadline is 2 weeks out. Rosters are dependent upon FULL enrollment so if you have been getting calls from us this week, we encourage you to submit and complete what is missing. Otherwise, you have the potential to loose your spot. Please click enrolldcps.dc.gov if you need to enroll.
2. After school will be all virtual (details to follow). Meetings and final determinations are being made as we think about how we can create differentiated after school experiences.
3. A virtual master schedule is being developed. This schedule will be the overall school calendar with normed times that provide more consistency, structure, and predictability than phase 1 provided. I encourage everyone to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT0HlgnZ9DI&feature=youtu.be to get a bit more context about the schedule. Generally, students across the same grade level will have the same experiences, on the same dashboard, using the same content. : )
4. Blackboard will be used as the priority method for updates and announcements until school starts so please watch out for email, text, and robo call updates as we get them. If your email or phone number needs to be updated please contact Ms. Thompson or Ms. White via email- email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Our https://www.ludlowtaylor.org/ website is going "under construction" as we begin to update content for SY 20-21. The "contact form" will still be accessible and we encourage you to still use it during the construction phase.
6. DCPS needs to hear from you. If you have not already, please complete the tech access survey so L-T gets all the resources it needs. Please click bit.ly/dcpstechsurvey to complete the survey.
A note from our Chancellor: To help answer questions you may have or to learn more about today’s announcement, please visit our new #ReopenStrong online hub at DCPSReopenStrong.com. On the website you can read the Family FAQ, explore learning at home schedules by grade, and review our health and safety commitments."
This is a lot of information to digest. Our plan is to schedule a L-T Family Circle (maybe even outside) for me to share updates and answer as many questions as possible (once information is finalized in mid August). Please be patient with us, I am committed to sharing everything as it becomes available. Our teams will be working around the clock to ensure our co-teachers (YOU!) are set up for success. What I love about Ludlow-Taylor is I KNOW we can do it because we are #LudlowStrong and #STRONGTOGETHER.
We are here if you need anything in the meantime.
Have a great day & enjoy your weekend!