I hope everyone is doing well across the LTES community – please see our updates below!
LT Costume Parade: On Wednesday, October 31st beginning at 9:15 a.m., we will be hosting our annual LT Costume Parade for all students in grades PK3 - 5. Students are encouraged to wear creative/school-appropriate outfits (costume-based weapons and dangerous objects are not allowed). The festivities will support the Teal Pumpkin Project that makes the day a lot less scary for students with food allergies. We are asking LTES families to consider providing students with non-food items to share such as stickers, glow sticks, and other trinkets for our parade. Parents are encouraged to attend from 9:15 – 10:15 a.m. to celebrate the end of the first term with us!
LT Thanksgiving Potluck: Ludlow-Taylor PTO hosts a Thanksgiving potluck every year. At the potluck, our families enjoy dinner together while celebrating the diversity of our community. The PTO provides turkey (cooked by Hill Country Barbeque), beverages, plates, forks/knives, and napkins. Families contribute items according to the food assignment list below (reminder, we are a nut-free school), divided by grade level. To RSVP for the 2018 Thanksgiving Potluck, please go to: https://www.ludlowtaylor.org/thanksgiving-potluck--food-drive.html.
- PS3: Side dish
- PK4: Vegetable
- Kindergarten: Dessert
- 1st Grade: Side dish
- 2nd Grade: Side dish
- 3rd Grade: Vegetable
- 4th Grade: Dessert
- 5th Grade: Side dish
Lost and Found: Our Lost and Found is growing now that we have entered into the coat/hat/mitten season. Please make sure your child’s name is in all articles of clothing so that we can do our best getting those coats back to students (kudos to Ms. Davis for coordinating)!
- Garden Workday (October 27th) - Join the Grounds Committee this Saturday from 3:00 to 5:00 PM for some garden clean-up. Meet in the vegetable garden and bring your gardening gloves and favorite handheld tools. If you have any questions, please contact the Grounds Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School Shirts Sale (October 31st) - If you didn't place a pre-order for the new school shirts, but would still like to purchase them, we have a limited supply of all styles and sizes that we will be selling before the Halloween parade in the front lobby from 8:05-8:45 am. You can also download an updated order form on our website at https://www.ludlowtaylor.org/shop.html. Once it is completed, place the order form and payment in the PTO mailbox across from the front office. Orders will be processed on a first come first serve basis until inventory is depleted. If you have any questions, please contact Katie Bergeron at email@example.com.
- Starbucks Signs with Ludlow-Taylor - As many of you know, Starbucks on H Street recently became the first "signing store" in the country. With one of the largest deaf populations in the U.S. right here in our community, we will be partnering with Starbucks to offer "Sign and Sip Nights." A Starbucks staffer who is studying at Gallaudet to be an ASL instructor will offer basic instruction for kids while the parents, who are welcome to participate, can take advantage of Starbucks menu of coffees and wines. This program is still in the planning stages and we are trying to gauge interest among Ludlow families. If this is something you and/or your child would be interested in participating in, please email Lauren McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communications Volunteers Needed! - The Communications Committee is seeking volunteers. Our most urgent needs are: (1) Hill Rag contributor; (2) Facebook page administrator, and (3) website administrator. If you are interested in learning more about these positions or other initiatives related to communications, email email@example.com.
- October 25th – Professional Development Day – no school for students
- October 26th – Records Day – no school for students
- October 29th – Community of Giving Campaign Kick-off
- October 31st – LT Costume Parade
- November 6th – Election Day – no school for students/staff
- November 12th – Veterans Day – no school for students/staff