LT Families – we miss you all! Please see the announcements below pertaining to enrollment, after-school and more. Also, there is a slide presentation of the same information here: LT Family Update - May 6.
· Monday, 4/27 – School Enrollment Begins
· May 15 – After-School Enrollment Begins
· May 15 - Mayoral Announcement on Next Steps
· May 25-29 - Virtual Class Promotions
· May 29 – Last Day of Distance Learning
Teacher Appreciation Week:
This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, please show our beloved teachers your support! We are asking families to send messages, take photos, or film videos thanking their teachers. The messages can be to a specific staff members or all teachers at LT. You can send these messages directly to your teacher during or to our PTO Communications Chairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. And please don't forget our specials teachers, custodial staff, and aides.
School Enrollment for 20-21 is now open and online at: https://enrolldcps.dc.gov/node/71, Please enroll as soon as possible as this year, more than any other, it will be important for us to demonstrate our increasing enrollment numbers to secure local funding. If you need any support please reach out to Ms. White (email@example.com) and Ms. Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Distance Learning – Next Steps:
Thank you for continuing to support us as we build this distance learning plane. As we await the Mayor’s announcement on next steps with the calendar, our goal is to continue improving our learning platforms. Our next steps are to provide more taped lessons, student friendly navigation and opportunities for teacher feedback. Please bookmark and visit https://www.ludlowtaylor.org/distance-learning.html as the homepage for all distance learning materials.
Stuart Hobson Information Session (5th Grade Families):
Join the administration from Stuart-Hobson Middle School Monday, 5/11 at 3:00 PM to discuss: the transition to middle school, schedules, enrollment…and more!
www.tinyurl.com/SHMS2020 Password: shms
After-School/Extended Day Program Registration Hold:
We really apologize, but appropriate updates have not been made to the after-school enrollment site that take into account changes in relation to Covid-19. If you have already registered, you are all set. If you have not, we are going to re-launch the website on May 15th, once all updates have been made.
After School FAQs and Notes:
General Information: Afterschool Webinar
General After-School Questions: email@example.com
More questions answered: LT After-School FAQs
- Every child is guaranteed a spot, regardless of when registration takes place. As of right now, the enrollment fee increases after July 31st. We recognize the pressure from previous years and hope this makes for a more flexible process for families. If the Chancellor announces any further delays, we will update our timeline, as well.
- Every student is guaranteed a spot and there will be no waitlist
- Kaizen Karate is our management partner that is supporting with enrollment, payment plans, and staff payroll, so their name will be present on the website.
For further information regarding grading, please visit: Term 3 Grading Guidance during COVID-19 Closure (with ECE only receiving grades 3 times a year, there will be no marks for Term 3). For Term 4, DCPS will be moving to a “Pass or No Mark” option for students based on engagement with distance learning (Grading, Promotion and Graduation Guidance 4.23.20 ).
· LT Distance Learning Page
· DCPS Distance Learning Survey - bit.ly/dcpsathomesurvey
· Grading - For further information regarding grading, please visit: Term 3 Grading Guidance during COVID-19 Closure (with ECE only receiving grades 3 times a year, there will be no marks for Term 3). For Term 4, DCPS will be moving to a “Pass or No Mark” option for students based on engagement with distance learning (Grading, Promotion and Graduation Guidance 4.23.20 )
· The Wellness Team (K-5) Lunch Bunches - Sign Up Genius
· NY Times, Now's a Good Time to Teach Your Kids to Play on Their Own
· Outside Magazine, How to Build a "Psychological First Aid Kit"
· Washington Post, This Isn't Parenting Olympics
· NuVuX Global Challenges is an ongoing series of challenges for students ages 5 to 18 to share experiences, stories, and ideas, while creating a positive impact in the world through design and storytelling. Each challenge addresses a different theme, giving students the opportunity to learn new skills and address current issues in the world.
We thank you all for the support as we continue to collaborate and support each other during this time.