To participate in the festivities and group walk to Ludlow-Taylor:
- Join in on the festivities at Lincoln Park starting at 7:30 am, including stretching and fitness activity stations for kids and for the grown ups.
- BYO cup for coffee from Zeke's.
- Hear from local leaders including Chancellor Wilson, Mayor Bowser, Councilmembers Allen and Silverman, and Ludlow-Taylor parent and National Transportation Safety Board member Bella Dinh-Zarr!
- Look for Principal Smith on the east side of Lincoln Park near the Mary Bethune statue for a group walk to Ludlow-Taylor (8:10 am departure) or join in along the way (route below).
- Show your school pride by wearing your Ludlow-Taylor shirt or green and yellow on your walk to school!
- Make a Ludlow-Taylor poster, banner or flag to carry on our walk!
Walk to School Day is an international global event that involves communities from more than 40 countries walking and biking to school on the same day. Now in its 30th year, the event has become part of a movement for year-round safe routes to school and a celebration. Be a part of thousands of schools across the country – from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico – by walking to school!
Questions? Contact PTO Member Amy Rzepka.