GET INVOLVED >>
The Local School Advisory Team (LSAT) is a group of elected and appointed members that exists in every DCPS school. The team consists of parents, teachers, staff, and a community member who advise the principal on matters that promote high expectations and achievement for all students.
Provide feedback for the 2018-2019 school year budget! The LSAT is soliciting the input of the entire Ludlow-Taylor community to better understand its priorities. Your feedback will help the LSAT allocate the funds Ludlow-Taylor receives from DCPS.
For more details, visit the Local School Advisory Team Guidelines and FAQs.
Fiscal Year 2019 Budget Timeline
LSAT met briefly on February 1, 2018 to discuss the upcoming budget timeline. Executive LSAT sessions will be held over the course of the next month to put together our proposed budget. Input is welcome either through direct outreach to any of our LSAT members or via our parent survey.
- January 30, 2018: Our school gets access to the Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19) School Budget Sandbox application in QuickBase to create different budget scenarios ahead of budget release.
- February 7, 2018: DCPS releases the FY19 Budget Guide available at the DCPS Budget Guide Website.
- February 9, 2018: Principals receive FY19 Initial Budget Allocations and access to the Quick Base Budget Application.
- February 14, 2018: LSAT and the public receive access to FY19 Initial Budget Allocations.
- February 21, 2018: DCPS hosts a LSAT Webinar to support LSAT members during budget development.
- March 2, 2018: Deadline for Principal Budget Submission at 5:00 pm.
Get Involved with LSAT
All LSAT meetings are open to observers and the notes are shared publicly. LSAT parent representatives solicit feedback from families about issues, such as:
Each Spring, LSAT representatives are elected to serve for the following school year. The PTO coordinates the election of LSAT parent representatives. All parents and guardians of current Ludlow-Taylor students are eligible to be nominated for a position and to vote for the representatives.