GET INVOLVED >>
The Local School Advisory Team (LSAT) is a group of elected and appointed members that exists in every DCPS school. The team consists of parents, teachers, staff, and a community member who advise the principal on matters that promote high expectations and achievement for all students.
For more details, visit the Local School Advisory Team Guidelines and FAQs.
2021-2022 LSAT Schedule
(all meetings at 5:30 pm)
Get Involved with LSAT
All LSAT meetings are open to observers and the notes are shared publicly. LSAT parent representatives solicit feedback from families about issues, such as:
- Allocation of school resources
- Organization of the school
- Curriculum options, including special or supplementary course offerings and specialized research-based instructional strategies
- Budget decisions
- Priorities and considerations for staffing patterns
- Monitoring overall student progress
- School culture
- Family engagement
Each Spring, LSAT representatives are elected to serve for the following school year. The PTO coordinates the election of LSAT parent representatives. All parents and guardians of current Ludlow-Taylor students are eligible to be nominated for a position and to vote for the representatives.