Wellness Team Lunch Bunch
Grades K-5 are invited to join the Wellness Team for "Lunch Bunches" on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 12:30pm-1:10pm.
The Lunch Bunches are organized by grade level and advanced sign-up is highly encouraged due to limited slots. Sign up students via Sign Up Genius.
DC and DCPS Resources
- DCPS Learning at Home portal on Canvas including learning plans and digital resources by grade and content area. This is the same information as provide in the hard copy learning packets.
- DCPS Phonics Lessons – Watch “Fun with Phonics” videos on TV every weekday from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. or from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. These videos are a great way for your student to continue to develop early literacy skills and are available on Comcast (Channel 99), RCN (Channel 18), Verizon (Channel 12), or on the DCPS YouTube channel.
- The DC Public Library has put together resources and is offering opportunities for residents to receive a temporary library card.
- DCPS FAQs for families
- Meals and groceries will be available for families at sites across the district.
- The Smithsonian Learning Lab has opportunities for students of all ages, including tools aligned to the DCPS curriculum.
- Sesame Street has some great activities and resources for children to better understanding grief.
- GoNoodle for movement and mindfulness activities.
- The Washington Teachers’ Union is sharing daily video lessons across a number of content areas.
- Washington Nationals resources for exercise, reading and STEM
- Social-emotional tips from Conscious Discipline
- Internet Essentials (IE) program is offering families who meet certain criteria, two months of free internet service in response to coronavirus (COVID-19) related school closings. The fastest way to take advantage of the two-months free offer is to sign up from a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Xfinity has opened up all of their public hotspots to non-Xfinity customers. If you are within a coverage area, you can connect to the “xfinitywifi” WiFi, and accept the terms and conditions. More information.
- T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will automatically have unlimited smartphone data through May 13 (excluding roaming). More information.
- The DC Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) has installed hotspots in every Ward to provide convenient, citywide Wi-Fi Internet access. Find the nearest public WiFi spot to you.