I want to take this moment to say thank you to all of our families for a great first half to our school year. Our students are growing socially and academically at an incredible pace. We have continued to challenge our students with the new writing curriculum and a higher level of differentiation during the math block. Our community events have been packed and joyful, while our school-based celebrations have brought out the best in our students. We recognize that growth at LT begins in the household, so thank you all for trusting us with your special children. I want to wish every a happy and safe holiday season. Please see the updates below as we close out 2017:
Book Wonderland!: Ms. Burton will once again be hosting a "Book Wonderland" this year. As students enter school on 12/20 and 12/21, each child will be able to select a book of their own to take home! Families interested in contributing to the event can leave new or like-new books in the box outside the parent resource room marked "winter reading," anytime through Dec 15.
Spirit Week!: – Please join us in celebrating the holiday season next week, parents are encouraged to partake, as well.
- Monday: Home for the Holidays
Wear your favorite flannel to school
- Tuesday: Deck the Halls
Wear a fun holiday sweater, scarf, or hat.
Note: First grade should wear "Holiday Cheer" outfits on Tuesday.
- Wednesday: Snowed in Wednesday
Wear your PJs to School.
- Thursday: Holiday Cheer
Wear your best holiday outfit. Go all out—sequins, sparkle, and pizzazz!
Note: First grade should wear "Deck the Halls" outfits on Thursday
LT Joy to the World Concerts: The annual winter concert will be this coming Tuesday and Wednesday. Please join us in applauding our students’ artistic talents and the hard work of our specials team. This year, with the “Joy to the World” theme, as we will be celebrating holidays across many cultures. Concerts will start promptly at 6:00 and sweet treats and pizza will be available for purchase.
PTO Announcements and Further News/Event Information:
- Holiday concerts - (https://www.ludlowtaylor.org/winter--spring-concerts.html)
- Recent news page to see all the exciting updates on: writing, the new art installation, spirit week and more. (https://www.ludlowtaylor.org/news)
- Also, can you include information on signing up to get an email when new news stories are posted. Stay up to date on the latest News stories. Sign-up at the LT News page to receive an email as soon as new news stories are published.
Missing Clothes: We completely understand the frustration of lost coats, hats, gloves, etc., and are trying to create a better system. Unfortunately, the front office staff cannot spend time searching for missing clothing, so we are asking for your help. In the back of the cafeteria we will continue to keep our lost and found tables. If something is missing, and not on the table, please use the white board above the back tables to write student name and the piece of missing clothing. Hopefully, this will help retrieve a few more. Also, please make sure student names are on all coats!
Upcoming Events: Please visit, http://www.ludlowtaylor.org/calendar.html to learn more about upcoming events and how to sync to our master calendar.
- Tuesday, December 19th – 1st Grade Publishing Party, 10:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 19th – Winter Concert, ECE and K, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 20th – Winter Concert, Grades 1-5, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 22nd – Beginning of Winter Break